I get more excited for summer than my 6 year old does.
Boys and girls...I am 29, work, and am the mom of 3 kiddos. What does summer hold for me??
![]() |
A whole lotta this. Turns out, I am not as fun as kindergarten. Whaaaaa...??!
I know...I was as shocked as you are.
If we had cats...this would probably go on at our house too...
Soo...I felt convicted to do something this summer. Playing on pinterest, like all good, "creative" people do, I found this woman's blog: Power of Moms. She created a summer camp of sorts for her children, and her kids claimed it to be the "best summer ever!"
I brought it up to Jordan, and he thought it sounded like a good idea. Well, June is pretty much shot. Between VBS and my mission trip to India (yahooooo!), June seemed like a bad idea.
But then again, in June, summer is still awesome! You get to sleep in (yea right...my kids are up at 6:15!), lay around at the pool (if we had one), play in the sprinkler (aka hose), and run around like a crazy person! July is when the boredom hits.
After Jordan gave his approval, I took the idea to the kids. The general layout of the day looks something like this:
-- Wake up, take showers, eat breakfast.
-- Do daily "chores" -- each "chore" they complete earns them $.25
* Read for at least 20 minutes
* 20 minutes of house clean-up (of chores that they decided they could do)
* Physical activity (whether this is going for a walk, doing a "mommy led bootcamp/yoga", etc.)
* Bible Study
* Writing (they will each get a journal to write in/color a picture)
* Extra Activity (playing a game with each other, doing a craft, etc.)
-- After these are completed, we will have lunch and do nap time (a mom can dream right??). Then we will move on to our afternoon activity:
* Move it on out Monday -- Field Trip day!
* Tacky Tuesday -- arts and crafts
* Wet Wednesday
* anyThing goes Thursday
* Friend Friday + Family movie night
We brainstormed a bunch of ideas, and I was surprised at how excited the kids were! We decided to do theme weeks: Week 1 - Castles, Weel 2 - Weather, Week 3 - Sewing/Fabric, Week 4 - Dinosaurs, Week 5 - Cooking.
Each Saturday we will go to the library to pick out books on our topic, and then we will take a field trip that relates to our topic on Monday, etc. The kids were so pumped; I even got a "This will be the best July EVERRRR!" from Reagan!
After Jordan gave his approval, I took the idea to the kids. The general layout of the day looks something like this:
-- Wake up, take showers, eat breakfast.
-- Do daily "chores" -- each "chore" they complete earns them $.25
* Read for at least 20 minutes
* 20 minutes of house clean-up (of chores that they decided they could do)
* Physical activity (whether this is going for a walk, doing a "mommy led bootcamp/yoga", etc.)
* Bible Study
* Writing (they will each get a journal to write in/color a picture)
* Extra Activity (playing a game with each other, doing a craft, etc.)
-- After these are completed, we will have lunch and do nap time (a mom can dream right??). Then we will move on to our afternoon activity:
* Move it on out Monday -- Field Trip day!
* Tacky Tuesday -- arts and crafts
* Wet Wednesday
* anyThing goes Thursday
* Friend Friday + Family movie night
We brainstormed a bunch of ideas, and I was surprised at how excited the kids were! We decided to do theme weeks: Week 1 - Castles, Weel 2 - Weather, Week 3 - Sewing/Fabric, Week 4 - Dinosaurs, Week 5 - Cooking.
Each Saturday we will go to the library to pick out books on our topic, and then we will take a field trip that relates to our topic on Monday, etc. The kids were so pumped; I even got a "This will be the best July EVERRRR!" from Reagan!
And I definitely do not want to let these faces down ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment