I'm going to be honest, and it's going to sound bad....
As I approach my due date (still 8 days away), I find myself getting more and more annoyed/anxious.
Anxious to meet Cletus....to introduce "shim" (as my students have taken to calling the baby, since we don't know whether we are having a boy or a girl) and reveal the name.
Annoyed because I'm competitive...and I think everyone who is due AFTER me, has already had their baby. I want to join the party tooooooo!
This pregnancy has been different for a number of reasons: Put on the least amount of weight (hooray!), my numbers (bloodwork wise) have been better than ever, we are delivering at a birth center...etc. But one of the biggest differences, is that we are Christians during this pregnancy. We were with Nolan as well, but we were still unsure of what that truly meant. Four years later, we have grown a LOT in our walk. No where near "perfect" and, clearly, have points of weakness.
I bring this up though, because while I am greeted by everyone with a version of: "You are STILL pregnant?? When are you having that kid??" It is followed up by encouraging words.
I am reminded of a friend's blog (who I have spoken about many times), when she talks about can a baby really be born "late"? I know, I know...I'm still 8 days from my due date. No where close to late.
A friend of her's sent her an excerpt from a pastor in Kansas City, Dan Wolgemuth. Here is what he said:
"Today, August 20, 2010 is eleven full days after the due date of our daughter Alli's first baby. She's in labor as I type. Just yesterday I informed a friend that she was "over a week late." But I was awakened this morning to the reality that our Father's watch never runs slow...that He's never late for an appointment, that He never oversleeps or reacts too quickly or scrambles to get something done...time, every second of evert day, every day of every month, is His. Babies are born in the fullness of time. The last breath of every creature is deployed in the fullness of time. God Himself stands at the end of the phrase..."when the fullness of time had come, GOD..."; just as He stands at the end of every moment in our journey. He's not stuck in traffic. He didn't misplace His watch. He hasn't forgotten to adjust for daylight savings. His batteries are fresh. His wisdom is impeccable. In the fullness of time...at St. Anthony's Hospital in west Denver...a baby will be born. Not eleven days late, but right on schedule. This reality extinguishes anxiety while it ignites hope. Yes, my fourth grandchild will be born right on their due date..."- Dan Wolgemuth
I constantly think of this post as I get closer and closer to my due date, but I was also reminded about it by a sweet friend. She sent me an e-mail this morning and let me know that she was praying for me. She reminded me that we have prayed over this delivery and we are trusting Him for the best possible outcome...so we need to trust Him in these last moments and allow myself to be flooded with joy, rather than annoyance.
I am used to being the rational one...and it drives me bonkers that I'm not rational at all right now. But I am so grateful that God has placed friends, family, and a wonderful husband in my life who will speak the Word into my life right now.
So I leave you with this (wish I had a better version though):

No comments:
Post a Comment