Man...sometimes, you have to be careful what you pray for!
Pastor Jeff and Brandy spoke tonight on marriage...the key piece they believe is needed for a successful marriage (UNITY) and what can cause disunity and a division of house.
Rewind to the last week, and a
I know, I know. You're thinking, Stefanie, I thought THIS was your reality:
Awwwww......
But what you are describing to me, sounds a lot like this:
Yep...clearly not my kids...but they could be...
And, going with the honesty, because we all know it's super easy to be honest when you're behind a computer, I have been super selfish these last couple of weeks. I am tired...so I nap; but complain that the house is a mess. I am hungry, but I refuse to grocery shop...because I'm lazy. I miss my husband...so I eat chocolate and ice cream for dinner to drown my sadness. I am frustrated by the behavior of my children...so I yell and lecture.
I, I, I, I......Selfish. And the Holy Spirit convicted me of that big time tonight.
Brandy, while answering one of the questions posed to her, mentioned the verse James 3:16.
For where you have envy and selfish ambition,
there you find disorder and every evil practice. (NIV)
There it is. Because I am being selfish, and filling my days with garbage, my home is in disorder. My children don't want to behave, because I don't want to behave. Why should they listen to me, when I won't listen to what my Father is trying to tell me?
Sometimes, when you ask for truth, and you have been ignoring it for so long, it hits you like a freight train.
And sometimes, that is just what you need to realize you need a change.



Wow, Stef! That's a good word and I hope lots of people read this post!
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy :) Not an easy one to write, or realize for sure. But that's what new seasons are for!
Delete