I know that some of you may be sick of pregnancy/delivery posts and you may even be thinking, surely other things have happened since the delivery. And they have...
- Reagan has lost 6 teeth (4 since the delivery). We are going to start calling her "Toothless"
- We are no longer: Jordan, Stefanie, Reagan, Nolan, and Grayson. Nolan has dubbed us: Batman, Captain America, Catwoman, Spiderman, and Jack Jack.
- Grayson has started smiling and cooing a lot. Not like it should surprise anyone that we have another talker on our hands.
- Nolan is on the back swing of his "after baby tantrum" cycle. We are slowly returning to our normal, sweet boy.
- Reagan has 5 weeks left of Kindergarten (!!!!) and is starting to read small chapter books. She couldn't read at all at the beginning of the year. Super proud :)
- Grayson is officially sleeping through the night. He has rarely slept less than 5 hours a night (maybe like twice), but is now sleeping an average of 8.5 hours a night...straight. Sorry to brag...but with a third one, I'm grateful!
But really, I wanted to talk about all the prayers that were answered during our pregnancy/delivery. Praying, standing on the Word of God, and BELIEVING what we were saying/reading, played a huge part in the success of our pregnancy. (Apparently I'm into dashes today...sorry)
- Being anemic, we prayed for my blood levels to be high enough that I would not have to deliver in a hospital. Four weeks before my delivery my iron level was checked, and I was at a 12.7. I needed to be over a 12. My iron has NEVER been that high.
- We prayed for a good sleeper...see above ;)
- Rea and Nolan LOVE Grayson, and are incredibly sweet with him. We prayed that baby #3 would transition easily into our family, and the relationship that Rea and Nolan have already built.
- We prayed for a pain free labor...see birth story parts 1-3 ;)
- Since we were praying for a pain free labor, we started praying that we would have a sign that I was actually in labor. We prayed for one of three things: 1. My water would break. 2. My first contraction would be so painful that I would know without a doubt it was time. 3. The Lord would literally speak to me and say "It's time. Go now." Just so you know, my water has never broken for a labor. It broke for this labor.
- Jordan works two jobs...one at Starbucks from 4:30am - 12pm, and one at the Melting Pot in Addison (about an hour from our house...hour and a half from the birth center) Thursday-Saturday night. This was a different week...it was the week of Valentine's Day. He was working EVERY night (and every morning). We prayed that Jordan would be home when I went into labor. The day I went into labor, Jordan was called off for the night, because they weren't busy enough to have as many servers as they did.
- We prayed for a fast labor, but not so fast that I would deliver on the side of the road (since it is 40 minutes to our birth center, no traffic). We did not want to be like this lady who delivered in her car!! My labor did not speed up until we got to the birth center. Even then, I had time to update my facebook status AND upgrade my Spotify account before the labor kicked in!
- Prayed for a healthy little baby...Grayson is a champ! Look at this face! So in love!


No comments:
Post a Comment